Engaging audiences, empowering staff.
Museum Partners Consulting, LLC (MPC) offers creative solutions for museums in the areas of exhibition research and development, education programs, issues of accessibility, and evaluation projects.
Led by a professional with over 25 years’ experience working in museums, MPC views itself as a partner with the museum, and is committed to working collaboratively with staff.
MPC’s philosophy is to take an audience-centered approach to exhibitions, education programs, evaluation and accessibility, while empowering the museum staff during the process to encourage ownership of the completed project.
In collaboration with museums, MPC can research, develop, write education programs for preK-12 audiences, adults, families, and the general public. Click on the image to see a complete list of our services in Education.
Along with their museum “partners” MPC can research for an exhibition in your collections/other museums, libraries, and archives. Click on the image to see a complete list of our services in Exhibition Development.
Working together with museums, MPC can explore current and potential audiences via a visitor study and evaluate a museum program and/or exhibition. Click on the image to see a complete list of our Evaluation services.
Working as a team with outside experts and your staff, MPC can lead and organize accessibility audits of your space/site/organization and recommend ways to increase accessibility to audiences with different needs. Click on the image to see a complete list of our services in the field of Accessibility.
- View MPC’s lesson plans for the Casey Ruble Exhibition (all) and the Matthew Jensen Exhibition (“How can our environment inspire us?”) at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey.
- MPC wrote several lessons now available for San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park: Two Teacher-led lessons for the Hyde Street Pier (Maritime Detectives) and the Visitor Center (Change and Continuity) and two Ranger-Led Programs for a building and historic ship (Buildings and Communities and Change and Continuity).
- Projects currently in process (May 2017) include work for the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum (NY); Visual Arts Center of NJ; and Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum (NY). Email us and ask us about them!
- Read Claudia’s guest blogpost about museum field trips and curriculum standards at Museum Questions.
- Montclair History Center’s downloadable lesson plans by Museum Partners Consulting now available on their website.
- Brooklyn Historical Society’s 2nd-8th grade classroom lesson plans on Dutch Breukelen co-authored by Museum Partners Consulting now available for download!
- Interdisciplinary lesson plans by Museum Partners Consulting using art from the exhibition Casey Ruble: Everything that Rises can now be downloaded (scroll down) at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey website!
- Family Discovery Pack Prototypes by Museum Partners Consulting available for testing at the Prospect Park Alliance’s Pop Up Audubon II tent every weekend through October 2017!