What’s unique about MPC is how we seamlessly weave aspects of all four of these consulting specialties into one project, even if your project is only in one of the areas.
We’re always up for a new challenge. Please contact us to discuss your project – even if it’s different from what’s listed here. We’ll be honest about whether it’s something we can do, and gladly guide you to a colleague if we aren’t able to help you.
In collaboration with museums, MPC can
- Research, develop, write education programs for preK-12 audiences, adults, families, general public
- Train staff/docents/volunteers on new programs
- Create traveling kits/trunks around topics or exhibitions
- Design and envision outreach programs
- Include interactives into exhibitions
- Research and write curriculum materials and/or online lesson plans
Please click the button for a few examples, but let us know if what you want to do is not on this list. We’ll let you know if we can make it happen.
Along with their museum “partners” MPC can
- Research for an exhibition in your collections/other museums, libraries, and archives
- Write text panels and object labels for specific or general audiences
- Curate objects that best tell the exhibit stories
- Prototype exhibition components for evaluation and visitor response
- Collaborate with exhibition designers, installers, and graphic designers
- Serve as project manager, overseeing concept- scholar review – design- installation
Please click the button for a few examples of work we’ve done. Some of the exhibitions are still on view. We’re always open to new ways of thinking about and working on exhibitions – let us know what you’re exploring and we’ll help you bring it to fruition.
Working together with museums, MPC can
- Explore current and potential audiences via a visitor study
- Evaluate a museum program and/or exhibition
- Design data gathering tools for your museum
- Craft a logic model to gather data for a particular project
- Go beyond the survey to get the information you want for your museum
- Lead focus groups and/or conduct interviews
All evaluation plans and processes are unique to the organization. Let us know what you want to do, and we’ll help figure out the best methods and plan to accomplish that goal.
Working as a team with outside experts and your staff, MPC can
- Lead and organize accessibility audits of your space/site/organization
- Explore and recommend ways to increase accessibility to audiences with different needs
- Provide training for staff/volunteers/docents on best practices for accessibility
- Provide a written report with recommendations/resources to improve your site’s access
Museum Partners Consulting, LLC, (MPC) offers creative solutions for museums in the areas of exhibition research and development, education programs, issues of accessibility, and evaluation projects.
Led by a professional with over 25 years’ experience working in museums, MPC views itself as a partner with the museum, and is committed to working collaboratively with staff.
MPC’s philosophy is to take an audience-centered approach to exhibitions, education programs, evaluation and accessibility, while empowering the museum staff during the process to encourage ownership of the completed project.